Wow. It seems like a lot has happened since last week!!! Lin family, Gao, sun, messenger, set ups, awesome comp, Dustin, splits, 15 in Sisters’ pool, direction, exchanges, lesson in Taidong, principle, new members, remission of sins, Book of Mormon, pig.
We will start with the “beef” again. The LIN FAMILY! We went over there with the branch president and his wife and they did an awesome job. The whole family ended up committing to read and pray, (family consists of mom and dad, Larry (14) and Kerry (11.) We went to their house yesterday in the afternoon and we ran into their two kids. As I was sharing Samuel the Lamanite with them, in the doorway their dad had pulled up in his car and invited us in to sit! (Everyday follow-ups are great). We shared Jacob 4 and talked about the golden plates and importance of the BOM. They loved it! It was such a tender mercy; the dad was right with us. He loves history so he thought the whole introduction of the Book of Mormon and the background was really interesting. They are a really smart family! He is really excited to read it now and while we were there, he started encouraging his kids to read it! We gave them all individual reading assignments and they all accepted. They’ve also been praying, and this week they will come to church!!! Oh man...we're so excited to be working with a family.
Brother Gao (20), a student, just got a job at McDonalds. He has problems with the Word of Wisdom but he understands the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation now. He wants to go to the Celestial kingdom and he believes that everything we've shared with him is true, especially the Book of Mormon, so he is trying really hard to keep the commandments so he can be baptized. Currently his goal is on the 26th, but we might have to move him back a bit. We have a couple other solid investigators; I'll update their status as they progress.
My companion is the man. He is a very passionate missionary and works really, really hard. He is very smart and has every talent in the world. Recently we've been working with the area book so we can have more direction in the area as we are finding. It’s been really good and we've seen a lot of people set up. We’re hoping to see less people set up this week, and more people become investigators. My companion always tells me that the thing he feels he is supposed to learn from me is how to be happy, hahaha, it makes me feel good when he says that. I have a lot I can learn from him. He is a really a bold missionary who tells people how it is. I like that and hope to acquire more of that. At first it was a little difficult because our missionary styles are a lot different and he wasn't quite used to following yet. And, I hadn't lead for quite a while, however the Lord has helped us put our two different styles together and we've seen some really successful lessons. There is so much potential for success in the area right now, and we've already seen some change in the area.
I went on exchanges with the district leader in Taidong on Monday and attended the district meeting there. It was really good, but I can see where there is room for improvement. Luckily, I have a good relationship with Elder ____ and I could tell him straight up, the feelings I had. Some missionaries are inclined to "turn off" when receiving recommendations from leaders, but he was open as we talked about his area and position.
After district meeting, I was taught by a greeny Sister. New missionaries are supposed to teach Zone Leaders once a transfer and she did a good job. The Lord was able to bless us to have the Spirit as I gave her evaluation. I could tell she was struggling and everything, but I felt like the Lord helped me to give the best evaluation I have ever given on my mission. She got emotional, and then it hit me when she said, "You've been on your mission for a while haven't you?" I didn't know what to say, I felt so "Old." I bore my testimony of Jesus Christ and how He molds us if we are who we are, rather then trying to be somebody that we're not. I think that’s a problem I had for a long time on my mission. I tried to be somebody I wasn't. Hualien has been a blessing because in this position I've learned to be myself. Sometimes when we get some authority, we try to become someone that we aren't.
If that makes sense, hooray!
We had a new member yesterday who honestly feels the remission of sins. He quit smoking and has forsaken his sin. He was glowing with light emulating from his eyes, he was so happy!!! Finally: 1. doctrine, 2. testimonies, 3. applications.
TIMES up!!! Love ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment