Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The word is AWESOME!

I love my mission, still. I'm getting older. I don't know if you will recognize me when I get home, ha-ha. I don't know if my shoulders are getting smaller do to the limited amount of exercise or if it’s because the weight of missionary work is getting heavier and heavier, ha-ha. The principle I've been learning recently is virtue. Virtue is power; my companion is a good example of virtue. Godliness is purity. Grace by grace we become more pure.

The new mission president is awesome! Though he is different from Pres. Nielsen, I am not worried about him at all. He has been a missionary before and has spent 30 years applying the principles from his mission. He talked about unity at the last Jedi council, which was awesome!!! I've been praying for his wife. I think she was quite shocked by the power of the Priesthood in that meeting. She has never attended a meeting with just men before, and this wasn't just any meeting. It was Zone Leader Council, the place where the word “edification” was invented by way of revelation!!! I think she was pretty overwhelmed by the way the meeting was led and the power that was there. I could see how the mission is going to change her life. It was weird. I’ve never had a vision like that for somebody 40 years older then me before. They will do marvelous for the mission.

I got some personal revelation in that meeting. I feel like a lot of missionaries start to stray from the trail that has been blazed for them because it seems too simple or common, which is actually a priest craft against the doctrine taught in Alma 37:6. We have Preach My Gospel as a guide; the lessons are in chapter three. There is no such thing as “Preach Elder Daniels’ Gospel.” Nobody cares to read an “encyclopedia of opinions,” just stick to the basic doctrine, stick to the trail that has been blazed before us. That’s what prophets do. They have all taught the same doctrine since doctrine was doctrine. I got some seriously awesome revelation in that meeting.

My companion is an AWESOME TEACHER. He is a genius. Our styles are different, so we're learning a lot. I think we're the coolest zone leaders ever, ha-ha. My companion’s brother asked him, “What type of zone leader is Elder Daniels? Stress freak? Controlling? Letter of the Law? etc.” His response was, “He’s happy!” That made me laugh.

Investigators:
The Lin family is, okay. We had a family night with them and it was alright. They are just learning the importance of the message, yet, things like, God exists or He doesn’t exist, one or the other. The church is true or it’s not true, etc. We're starting over from prayer, but they are still willing to learn and they have desire. They are just a tiny bit prideful.

Brother Gao is kickin’! We shared the 3rd yesterday through reading the Book of Mormon and it answered his question perfectly. He feels like sometimes he has "doubtful feelings," so we taught Baptism of FIRE! It was awesome! He is hooked. We also had the oldest member in the ward pei ke and help us teach “Endure to the End.” He will be baptized on the 8th and he is willing to keep the Sabbath now. He just got on at McDonalds with Jeff!!! Jeff is the most active member in the world!!!!

There are a couple others but I’ll update those next week. One is a mother of three who started off anti-Mormon and finished off pro-Mormon. She cried during the teaching of the First Vision. We've been taking out some youth from the ward to go and find with us and they've had a lot of fun doing that.

We’ve been finding a lot of people lately. Some come, some don't. We've been making our commitments with more boldness lately so they will show more faith. I love teaching lessons. I can't wait to do home teaching when I get home!!! Ha-ha

Elder Dickson, Elder Larson and some other elders are here today for Zone Conference. (These are the Traveling Assistants to the President and both are former companions of Elder Daniels.) We are celebrating Sister Lin’s birthday, and I’m excited because we’re going bowling! I love you all!

No comments: