Things sure are different! Let me start off with a brief run down of what went on last week. Most of the excitement happened on Sunday at church. We had 8 investigators come and the Sisters had 12! It was insane, the pews were filled with investigators, and the important names to notice are Jeff’s SISTER! Three months ago she didn't believe in God and now wants to be baptized because she loves to read the Book of Mormon and pray. The second name to notice is the Lin family! Two sons, their cousin, and Sister Lin all came and attended Sacrament meeting. They really enjoyed it and they were fellowshipped by a lot of members.:) We had gone to their house the night before and shared the Plan of Salvation.:) They ate it up. This is the family!!! I love them. They are already like family!! We meet with them every week, and they are good. They’ve been praying, too. The last name to notice is the Wu family. We'll have to give them to the Sisters soon, but they have shown a lot of potential. And on the Sisters’ side, they had a million investigators come that we found on the street and in English class, so it was good to see a lot of new faces. I think a lot of it had to do with Elder Dickson...moving.
Yes, my companion is gone now, ha-ha, I really loved Elder Dickson. He is a great missionary, that’s why he is becoming the TRAVELING ASSISTANT! He was so sad to leave Hualien, but his new assignment is awesome and his new companion will be my favorite missionary companion of all time, Elder Larson, the one from San Chong. He “dies” this transfer, though. Their responsibility is really cool and difficult. They will be on their bikes a lot, spending every night in a new area with a different companionship, and sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor! Ha-ha, their purpose is to teach missionaries how to be better missionaries. They go on blitz exchanges for a day, and then switch areas. They try to hit EVERY companionship in the mission!!! Crazy huh, so he will see the WHOLE mission, and he will go to old areas and visit his old members and EVERYTHING!!! That will be exciting for him, and he deserves it...he was an excellent missionary. :)
So, the reins have been left to me here in Hualien, and they sent me AN AWESOME companion named Elder McNair. We served on the same district in Tu Cheng, back then Elder Zeng was his companion. He just leaned over and told me that I've changed a lot since then, that I’m more “chill,” (relaxed), ha-ha. I think it’s a good thing. I told him "Hualien changes people.” :)
I explained if there is anything I've learned in Hualien, it’s how to rely on the Lord’s time, and, number 2, the importance of the Book of Mormon. If I have ANY request for anyone I ever teach, it’s that they read the Book of Mormon. If they first do that, they will want to come to Church, and they will want to start to pray, etc. That book has power!!!
I'm really excited to work with Elder McNair. He is a genius and he came on with Elder Gong (my son) who just hit his year mark on the island. Crazy! Elder McNair is from Rexburg, Idaho. He is amazing on the piano and everything he touches, even the BAG PIPES! He is a very passionate missionary as well. He lit up the last area he was in, so we're going to try and use his passion to help Hualien to keep being so successful.
I love this area! There are so many seeds that have been sown and I think this and next transfer we will be able to have some reaping time. Well, we've got someone in the teaching pool who has a Word of Wisdom problem, but he likes to read the BOM so he'll be good. Then there is Dirk who just needs to come to church. Keep them in your prayers. Just so you know, Jeff is amazing. I have never seen a more converted 17 year-old kid and now his sister is coming along. Life is good.
I see a lot of progress happening this next transfer; I feel I will be here for the next as well. Well, I think that’s good for today, we got some stuff to get done. I love you. Read the Book of Mormon! That’s all! Elder Daniels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment