Oh man! C’mon cougars. Sheesh. Oh, well. Referring to the loss on Sat. :(
I don't know what will happen with transfers next week, the Lord’s will I presume.
I suppose its 50/50 staying or leaving. The thing is, if I leave, I don't know where I will go. Ha-ha, dang, oh well, I like change. I would love to end my mission in Hualien, though. (Jonathan has three months left.) I’ve been blessed to stay in areas for long periods of time and I’ve only had three areas. :) I would love to stay here and find more people to baptize and continue to teach our current investigators.
The ones that will be BAPTIZED this Saturday, the 26th:
Hank still needs to pass an interview, however, he failed the last one because he still hadn't stopped drinking tea and coffee. But, since Sunday he was proactive about forsaking and repenting of the sin and desires to have another interview so he can be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. All three of our investigators are really good and will be baptized this weekend. William is 21 years old, Peter is 50 years old, and Hank is 45 years old. Peter and William sang in the choir with us this past Sunday for the District Conference where President Grimley and President Watson came down and spoke for 2 hours on the importance of going to the temple. Peter, William and Hank have already started preparing their genealogy records so they can go to the temple! Besides these three investigators, there will be two little girls from the Sister’s side as well as a member baptism on that day.
This past Saturday I got to conduct two baptismal interviews. The first was funny because it was a 9 year-old girl who was scheduled to do her interview with Elder Ye, however she was too afraid to meet with him and was only willing to do the interview with me, ha-ha. What can I say, the mei mei's (the little girls) love me! The second interview was a handful because it was the kid that didn't pass last time. He has failed four interviews. It’s really hard to interpret his situation because he lies and says he is prepared, but every time he meets in the interview, he changes because those interviews have POWER!!!! You cannot lie in a baptismal interview because the power of God will not have it!!! It’s nuts, ha-ha. Anyway, he asked a billion questions and I told him that these types of questions aren't to be asked in an interview. He has been told all the answers before in the first place. He still has a few issues to work on. The Hualien Elders were disappointed and are planning on dropping him.
By the way, when President Grimley was here, I asked an important question concerning my future. How can I teach and be in the Air Force at the same time? (This is my interest). It’s right up his alley because he did exactly that for thirty years. He said he went through ROTC and joined the Air Force Reserves which allowed him to carry on a normal occupation in teaching while having to fulfill his monthly Air Force requirements. So that is an option
This Sunday we took the Sacrament to Juliana the Filipino and while there, her very self-deprecating boss actually sat down and listened to a 40 minute lesson, committing to read the Book of Mormon and pray every single day! Her concern of having a really old body was resolved by teaching about the resurrection!!! She said she hopes that it’s true. If you knew this lady; hearing these words that left her mouth would put you into a coma...it was INSANITY!!!
We’re going to get our Zone goal of ten baptisms, beating it by two! This is the first time I have ever seen a Zone goal accomplished on my mission!!!
Today for preparation day we had a BBQ in the mountains. I love my mission, my district, branch, and companion.
Goodbye, I love my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment