Monday, September 7, 2009

I love my mission!

A lot happened, like usual. I will just start with exchanges with Elder Dickson! He and Elder Gassin came to visit and stay through Zone Conference. My companion conducted Z. C., which as the myth goes and still holds strong, the person who conducts stays next transfer. I just may be moving, oh no! Ha-ha. Anyway, being with Elder Dickson again on exchanges was a blast. He is one of my best friends ever. We talked about everything that has been going on: the difficulties, the good things, companions, etc. He felt like he could talk freely to me because we are good friends.

His current companion is amazing and that’s why he's been an assistant for such a long time. He is on his last transfer and is doing really well. He and his companion get along; they are just two different personalities. Elder Dickson is very people friendly and fun and Elder Gassin is quite serious. Had they been companions early on, they could have struggled with each other, however, they have really matured on their missions and figured out how to get along really well. :)

We all went to Toroko (again) ha-ha. The best part was when the new sister in the district, Sister Ho, started going crazy when we started jumping up and down on a cabled suspension bridge between the two mountains! It was classic!

When Elder Dickson came, we went to visit old investigators and members, and it was awesome teaching with him again. He has changed a lot, yet at the same time he is the same old Elder Dickson. He and I will be good friends after the mission. We'll both be going to BYU in the winter semester.

Zone conference was great! It was about becoming a more Christ-like missionary. My companion and I had the opportunity to do a little bit of training. I learned recently that teaching gospel doctrine and principle is a lot different than basic training. I like both. But, teaching proactivity, accountability and introducing a new system to help us reach goals was a learning experience, to say the least. The concerns you have to resolve are a lot different then those concerning the finer points of basic doctrine, which can be answered with the scriptures. Anyway, it went SUPER WELL, and the AP's and President decided that is what they wanted the rest of the zones to focus on as they taught their zone breakouts the following week. Our zone goal for baptisms is 10 and we're going to get it!!

We were also called on to do the role play and it was fun. They wanted me and my companion to give an example of how you can contact and add somebody to the baptismal pool in 3 minutes on the street! It went really well, and it seems like the rest of the zone members gained the confidence they need in order to go out on the street and do the same thing in a real situation. Elder McNair and I have been doing it and we're finding a lot of success. People understand more clearly why the need to meet with us. :)

Hank is as golden as ever. Because of convenience, we’re moving his date to the 26th of Sep with 4 others who are definite for baptism, including William, and Peter and two of the Sisters’ investigators! We're so blessed this transfer to see these 3 people progress to baptism. They are all future priesthood brethren, which is needed most on this island and in the Jian Branch!

We made a mistake of setting baptismal goals for the Sisters’ investigators. It was the right thing to do, yet, they were kind of upset for a day because they were hoping to do it themselves. I think it’s because they are rather young missionaries and they needed the experience in order to give themselves confidence, but that is all resolved now.

I love it here in Jian. I don't know what will happen next transfer, but regardless, I will be happy. :) Family, I love you all.

The lady who is the worker here in the computer cafe just handed me my bag on the floor and I didn't know where she meant for me to put it so I put it back down, ha!

Well, I must go, my next email will be more interesting I promise. I keep forgetting to write everything that goes on. A lot of spiritual life changing lessons and a lot of funny moments. They are just hard to understand unless you've served a mission in Taiwan...ha-ha. Love you, Elder Daniels

No comments: