Things are going a lot better lately. My companion is so hilarious. He seemed shy at first, but holy smokes, he's just the opposite, and he is one of those people that has really out of the blue things happen to him, and only him. He was just giving me the whole, "I don't know what to write to my family, I will see them next week," speech. I am gonna miss him.
This Friday are phone calls about transfers, that’s when we find out about the next two months of our lives and how it's going to change. Yes, next Monday is our Preparation day. I will miss Elder Tuveson. He was definitely a friend of mine sometime before this life. He was telling me a story about one time when he was out contacting with a native companion. (Before I tell you this, I need to teach you that the word for "religious sect" is very similar to "chicken patty") So, one time he was teaching with his companion and what he was trying to say was, "Our church is completely different than other churches." But instead he said, "Our chicken patty is completely different than other chicken patties." haha! He continued preaching, but didn't know why his companion and the person he was teaching were laughing so hard.. Well, in the end, the guy didn't set up. It’s just a kind of funny story. That’s why tones are so important when speaking Chinese.
I remember when we were talking to a grandma, and I said "We are here to help you", but I said "help" with wrong tones, so it came out "We are here to kidnap you!" Ha, ha, dangit, ha, ha, ha.
A lot of weird and funny things happen with Elder Tuveson. Right now he is prophesying to me about how he is going to beat the sisters in our district at bowling today. He lost last time.
We had a typhoon two days ago and it was bad enough that they wouldn't let us go outside. It was nice to get some sleep and extra studies in and it was fun. I don't know what will happen next transfer. I hope I can stay in San Chong with the Su family. Whatever happens though, I know its what the Lord wants of me.
As I was saying, the work has been GREAT recently. Our district is still doing awesome, and this week our investigators have been taking big steps. Joyce asked us to share the plan of salvation with her kids. Our goal with her right now is to help her with a solid testimony. She is so, so close.
Last night something cool happened. Every week we go over to the Lu family house and teach them English. There are two families with six kids total. Four of them are mei mei's (little sisters or little girls). Anyway, these kids are always really, really, really, ridiculously naughty! It is really, really, really hard to teach, but we go over there every week to serve. We always invite them to come to church, but they have never had any interest...at all. But, yesterday, as we were leaving one of them asked me, "What is that blue book you are always carrying?” and "I tried praying for you guys, like you said that you pray in your church. Do you feel any different?" I said "YES! Right now I feel awesome!” In the end we committed them to read the Book of Mormon, to pray every night, and come to church this week. Both mothers are very excited! It’s interesting how mere service and the example of two missionaries can be enough for people to hearken unto the message.
I love how Heavenly Father takes care of missionary work. It is so awesome. He's been blessing us to get a lot more setups lately and new investigators to work with. We just need to get these people in the baptismal pool, especially the Su family. I know I came to Taiwan for this Su family. I love them so much. They will be baptized. It is my biggest wish that I can go to the temple with their whole family while I am still on my mission. I will send you pictures of them soon. They are so close. She almost has that testimony, she actually does, but she hasn't recognized it yet.
I have to go..... The Book of Mormon is the word of God, truly. I love you,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment