Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I love, love, love my mission!!!

Things are FANtabulus! I love, love, love, love, love being a missionary! Holy smokes, things have been going pretty well. We've been meeting with a couple families, and some singles. Some have committed to baptism and some haven't. Our district has been working with the Lin, the Li and the Wu families. They are awesome and they all have the cutest mei mei's in the world. Anyway, they have all committed to be baptized. They are awesome families and it’s been a great opportunity for one elder in our district who's been struggling with his testimony, waiting to see some miracles.

Heavenly Father is blessing our district right now. Our district has 6 missionaries. I had a chance to go on an exchange with the elder whose testimony isn't quite there yet. He came onto the island with me, but I didn't know that he's been having problems. My companion is district leader and he said to me, "Do what you can to get his faith back up, show him how to have fun as a missionary.” Heavenly Father gave me a lot of opportunities to bear testimony to him, without me having to focus it right on him.

He's having a lot of questions about the church lately and just not had the faith or desire to progress as a missionary. But when he came into my area for exchanges, it was a true blessing, because I got to bear testimony and talk ALL about the SU family and discuss all of their problems with him. I talked about how true our church is in every possible aspect, all the way from the Book of Mormon and perfect doctrine, including the "17 steps to a true church,” a Harvard study. I talked about how our church has the power of the Holy Ghost as a witness of truth. Our church is unbeatable, hahaha, (maybe cause Christ is at the head of it). It was great. I explained everything that I've ever really wanted to share with the Su family, with him. So basically, I had the opportunity to teach him that this church is true in 100 different ways.

I shared with him my studies for the Su family. I talked about everything: why we have prophets, revelation, authority...everything. It was all directed toward the Su family, but he got to listen to me as I talked about them, hahaha, so I think I got to help him a little. He's been improving a lot lately, and the miracles that our district has been seeing lately, I think have added to his faith.

We saw a couple miracles when we went out tracting together. I would always tell him, "Elder H, it’s because or your faith,” or, “You’re such a good man Elder H." Heavenly Father has been giving him a lot of opportunities to gain a testimony, so yeah, our district is doing well.....

I love my companion. He is so, so funny and he has an awesome testimony of "the truth". Truth is truth, and it’s in the message we are sharing. Oh man, he is so awesome and I will miss him. Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to have some AWESOME companions. Elder Tuveson is such a humble man. We read the Book of Mormon together in Chinese every night. We help each other through it, because it’s hard. I love it though. He is such a funny guy, and he loves bowling! We went last week with our district and he was terrible at it, but he loved every minute of it. I love my companion.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much a mission changes people. Holy smokes. The last lesson we shared with Joyce was about Mothers, since we were reading about the armies of Helaman. I bore testimony about mothers to Joyce and the influence they have on us growing up. Dads, too. I took so much for granted before my mission. Holy smokes, I'm sorry. I just want to thank you for preparing me to serve this mission. I know you didn't doubt it. Heavenly Father delivers those who have faith. My parents have faith.

Joyce is so close to being baptized. She found out how much I love her family for real, because I left my mission planner at her house on accident and she read it. She didn't tell us that she did, but it’s kind of obvious. Anyway, hahaha, she read a lot of things that said, "BAPTIZE THE SU FAMILY" and random quotes about desires and things that apply to Joyce. She is so close, but it might just be her husband who is struggling now. It didn't seem like that before, but he is just about as invested in their church as she is. He's not nearly as devout in his faith, he just likes the atmosphere. It’s not boring and their church is big. They have 100 youth teachers, and Joyce is the president. It sounds kind of abominable to me, haha. We need to find a chance where we can meet with him so we can help him understand the truth.
Well I have to go, I LOVE YOU

No comments: