Man, how the time flies, good grief... I can't believe 1/4 of my mission is gone... Holy moly, that is scary to think about. We just had our monthly interviews with president and I was telling him how much I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! If I could get married and have kids, I could be a missionary for the rest of my life.
A lot went on in my interview with president. I asked him for advice on the Su family, which recently has been difficult. Joyce started inviting us to her church’s activities. She believes we worship Joseph Smith and her desires aren't quite there. But president is awesome he gave me some good advice. He said I can tell her, “Joyce, if you want me to join your church, you can pay money, go to America and knock on my door, and I will let you in. I'll even give you my address, but right now I am here in Taiwan, sharing a message about truth that you aren’t willing to accept.” A lot more was said, but basically I learned many things in my interview, that I am truly a disciple and representative of Christ and how I can be bold.
Sometimes it’s hard to be bold because you are afraid of the reaction they will give you. These people we are meeting with are precious, so it’s sad to see someone you've grown so close to fall out of your hands. President showed me how I can be more bold as a missionary of the Lord.
Sometimes it’s hard with Joyce, though, because, as we bear testimony, she feels like we are trying to convince her and trick her or change her or something. It’s like bearing testimony to a rock, but I pray every night with all my heart, that Heavenly Father will open her heart. I know she'll be baptized, the question is, when?
President doesn't know if he's going to keep me in Sanchong or move me, because I've been there for a long time. He doesn't like to keep missionaries in the places they were “born” too long, but he doesn't want to bring two brand new missionaries into the area either, because of the Su family. They have become known around the whole mission now, so yeah, I don't know what will happen.
He talked a little bit about making me senior pretty soon because there are so many other missionaries “dying”. Oh man, I hope that doesn't happen. It would be really hard at this point in time. I just want to stay in Sanchong with the Su family forever as a junior companion, ha ha ha. I love this Su family. It’s hard to think about having to leave them, but it’s all in the Lord’s hands and what he wants to have happen.
I've been thinking about past experiences that I can share with Joyce, to help her start making a decision. I remember when I played receiver in football. I loved to play that position, but coach said he wanted me to play corner because it would be better for the team. I didn't want to play corner. I liked playing receiver, so when I played corner I played terrible, because I didn't put my heart into it. Coach put me back at receiver and took away a lot of my playing time. (I was humbled). I didn't like that, so went to the coach and said, “Coach, I love football. What can I do to get more playing time again?” He said, “I'll give you another opportunity at corner and we'll see what happens.” This time I had a different mind set and I played my hardest because I wanted to stay on the football field. When Coach saw my desire and hard work, he liked it and he let me start at both positions. Joyce needs to do this with her situation. She needs to make a decision to completely follow Christ and set her desires to completely follow what He tells her to do. This comparison relates, I promise, hahahaha.
I was just thinking of all the different experiences that Heavenly Father has given me, to prepare to use me to teach Joyce the restored gospel. Another one is my choice of sports. I always wanted to really exceed in basketball or football, but it turns out the sport I least wanted to do became my favorite. And, it is the one I excelled in, track! At first I didn't want to do it because "weird people run track” and they make you wear funny clothes. Then, when I saw a pretty girl running track and I had a couple friends doing it, I gave it an HONEST desire. I tried my best and I ended up succeeding, like running the 4x400 medley and taking 5A -All State! When we give an honest desire to try something, even though it may not be what you want to do, that honest desire will deliver you...even if you are the most devout Presbyterian in the world.
Holy moly, I've written a lot of random things. I hope some of it makes sense.
I saw a CRAZY accident the other day. We were walking out of church which is in a sky scraper, and right when we stepped outside, I saw someone’s body and a scooter collide into a marble wall, cracking the marble and breaking the man’s femur and arm. It was so crazy, but he was all right. The traffic is so wild here!!!!!!! I'm afraid to tell you how crazy sometimes because I don't want you to worry, Mom, hahaha, but I promise you that from now, on I'll be extra careful. I worry about some Taiwanese families here. They truly are the greatest drivers in the world, but MAN alive!!! I saw a scooter yesterday with 6 people on it: Twin baby boys, a mom, dad and two little girls. It’s insane. Taiwan is an amazing place. I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!!!! The Church is 100% true. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment