Meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings, ha-ha, it’s awesome! Conference was nuts, Elder Holland is out of this world! Doesn't it make one curious to know why he gets so hyped up over that “one book” he was talking about? We also had zone conference which is a lot different then the ones from Hualien, ha-ha. They had me translate, oh man, and it was a blast! Rather difficult at some parts however. For example, when they start going off about the Lord’s vineyard and all the things He does to prune it, dung it, etc... Ha-ha, I love attending zone conference because it’s so spiritual! The topic was PMG (Preach My Gospel) chapter two, about studies. Sitting in that meeting for 5 hours made me so trunky to go and read my scriptures. Ha-ha. We've been spending a lot of time with member work, and finding through the members. We have Elder Perry’s vision from general conference, to help the members know how to teach discussions 1, 2, and 3, side by side with missionaries. It’s been rather affective. We usually do most of our teaching through method of pei ke. When the members attend our lessons, they learn how to teach, and after the lessons we spend time evaluating and preparing them to give us references to their friends. We ask straight forward questions…”Hey Brother Wang, have your neighbors joined the church yet? Okay we want to visit them, etc...” We’ve been seeing a lot of success!
We have 2 people in the baptismal pool for this transfer that are solid, one is the man from last week that I mentioned, however he is in mainland China on business at the moment, and the other one is man that we find on the street. He is...special. He has half a set of teeth, a bald head, crossed eyes and bad breath, but he is SO nice!!! He is a little slow. We had a member come to our lesson with him last night to help us figure out whether he is crazy or not. Apparently he seems okay, he is just really slow. We have taught him the Restoration about 25 times in two meetings ha-ha. He's the type of guy where you tell him that truth is back on the earth 50 times, and he says, "Every church is the same, they all teach the same thing. Do good and that’s enough, it doesn’t matter which one you join, all believe in Christ, I was baptized in once." “Really? So do you pray?" "No I've never prayed, I just went to a church once and they asked me if I wanted to be baptized or not and I responded, sure why not, but I’m willing to be baptized again if I have time."
Elder Daniels slaps forehead after explain for the 40th time, ha-ha. However in the end of last lesson he committed to say his own personal prayer. It was great!!!
I and Elder Leavitt have been seeing some TENDER MERCIES on the street!! Setting up families and what not, we'll be visiting them soon. One has a cute five month old MEI MEI!!
I really love Elder Leavitt, really! He is so COOL! He is so mature for a greenie, he knows how to study and he's already full of legitimate virtue traits such as temperance, humility, charity. He is awesome.
Keelung is really growing on me. Today is the first day it hasn't rained since I’ve been here, it’s amazing. Other than today, it’s been AT LEAST sprinkling ever hour of every day...for 3 weeks almost!!! Ha-ha. My rain gear smelled like barf until yesterday. Today we cleaned and mopped our apartment, we made an AWESOME breakfast. I love that feeling of freshness, cleanliness, remission of sins, and you receive the Spirit!
Obedience brings a soft heart, which invites the spirit which we receive through our covenants we make every Sunday! I love my mission, the best two years ever.
I part my hair on the right now. I don’t have any tan, my muscles are gone from the waist up, I didn't even break 100 bowling last week…ultimate travesty!! I lost face. I’m just kidding. I am going to by a rice cooker for college.
My companion is hilarious. He took Elder Nelson’s invite to the test one night. He doesn't recall doing it, but he recorded thoughts and deep inspiration that came to him in his dreams. These were some of the notes he made:
"Depart out of darkness"
"Everyone needs a five minute break"
"Modesty = happiness"
"Pure building faith what is it?"
"hame gandi"
"Work ederlder work,” and my favorite is,
"Paul gave bread to the woman and sunshine." Hahahahahahahahahaha. I split a rib as I read that stuff.
Well family, I love you to death, Elder Jonathan Scashby Daniels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment