Life is "g"e"w"d" “GEEEWWWWWD!” (Good!)
Keelung City is awesome. Ever since I spent all that time complaining in my last email about the weather, it’s been beautiful! Nothing but blue skies and fresh Taiwan air, and at a perfect temperature, about 78 degrees! And now for the best news...I get to go to the Temple today! I've been Temple trunky for quite sometime now, ever since moving away from Tucheng. I’m pumped!
Update on the area:
We have a lot of potentials at the moment, but everyone is so busy except for the one man who is in our baptismal pool that we aren't completely sure whether or not he is sane. Seems there are a lot like that in Taiwan.
Story: The other Elders invited a lady to church (she's not sane). She comes to the church everyday now and we are too sorry to tell her to leave so we let her sit in the church for a couple hours and watch videos. Ha-ha. Taking the bus on the way to Stake Conference in Taipei, she said something classic, “Look, I got this card from the government that makes stuff really cheap. I only had to pay 24 kuai but you had to pay 45." We didn't dare explain to her why. (There are a lot of not completely sane people in Taiwan that follow the missionaries. I would say there is one in each area).
Moving on, more about the area. We are finding through the ward members and also a lot through our own efforts. We're spending a lot of time strengthening the new and less active members. That’s been VERY successful. :)
The one man in our pool still is under the impression that all Christianity is the same, and yadda, yadda, yadda. We've explained to him so many times but it finally helped him understand as we outlined the Plan of Salvation for him. We’re going to share commandments now that should get him! In his mind this is what matters...
Jesus + free food = good. (His perception)
Jesus + faith, repentance, baptism, endure to end = truth (God's perception)
(His perception again) "Huh?? Baptism, then you’re saved, it’s all good." (Elder Daniels slaps his own forehead.)
Ha-ha, I love being a missionary. Teaching 2000 lessons in two years, you meet a lot of special people. So yeah, now for more stories:
The other day we took the elevator to our chapel on the fifth floor and as we exited through the door, I saw a homeless looking man crunched up in a ball (squatting) next to the coat rack where we hang our rain gear. I asked him, “Can I help you?" He said, "No, I'm leaving now." I asked, "What did you come here for?" and he replied "Stealing rain gear." I said, "Oh," and as he started walking toward the elevator where there was a 20ish year-old girl there holding the door, waiting for him. I saw at the spot where he had been squatting and there was a pile of human feces. I was shocked! I said to the man, “HEY, YOU FORGOT YOUR POOP!" He walked over, grabbed it up in his hand, and went down the elevator! The girl looked extremely confused, hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, it stunk so bad!!! We were stunned with what had just happened, so after I came to my senses, we went down the elevator and found the guard and the man. The guard told the man to go back upstairs and clean it up. It’s a week later and it still stinks a little.
Okay, next bit if info...
The Elders and Sisters in the area are “tearing it up,” meaning, doing a really good job. One of the Elders’ investigators is scheduled to be baptized on the 31st, but he needs to marry his live-in girlfriend before hand, so they are getting married tomorrow… and he doesn't know it yet! Ha-ha, pray for him AND HER.
Time’s up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment