Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Missionary is maturing :)

I love you. It was quite interesting to see the picture of the family playing the wii, haha, I was quite tickled. This week was great. At the moment I am drawing a blank on a lot of the activity that went on. In the mean time I can briefly introduce something that my #2 companion shared with me this past week. It has to do with figuring out what type of personality you are and it is based off a 4 color system. The four colors are white, blue, red and yellow. This system is really interesting because it allows us to figure out our own personal attributes and weaknesses. It is VERY, VERY SUPRISINGLY accurate. (It was done by a member of the church). There is a test that you take and it tells you what color you are, and then from there, it tells you what type of things you need to do to get along with all the different colors of people around you. As soon as you depict what type of person you are you can also use the same system to depict what color your companion is, and then if you apply the recommendations, it turns out being quite effective. This system works! I am kind of different. I am half blue and half yellow, according to the result of my test and my companion is red. So the test described the situation and relationship between the two of us.... PERFECTLY!!!! Elder Read and I have a lot of confrontations for some reason but luckily we keep them light because we love each other so much, that in the midst of our confrontation, we realize that we both like the accompaniment of the Spirit, so we take a more sophisticated manner into resolving our concerns. I have to choose my words extremely carefully when speaking with Elder read, because he is a red... hahaha. He is sensitive and he desires power, which is a good thing, but he is also very introverted, so it’s very easy to get the wrong point of view when communicating. The point is, I'm learning how to choose my words very carefully.

We've seen quite a few blessings. I've also been learning that occasionally, Elder Daniels can be kind of hard to get along with, hahaha. I think everybody is naturally inclined to think that about themselves at times, but I think I have reason to justify the phrase. I am too hard on my companion Elder Read (I give a lot of invites) and I've been stiff. Everybody favors their own opinion, and sometimes to the point of confrontation. Everybody wants their voice to be heard, to the point of becoming unappreciative of a lot of the things our Heavenly Father has given us. But, I've changed, and I have learned to listen and give more heartfelt invites. I say more prayers of thanks than anything else now...meekness, thankfulness, listening (important things to remember for Elder Daniels).
This has affected me in the work itself.... and the way I give invites.

Elder Read is my best friend, and we have a very interesting relationship. I always have looked forward to getting married when I get home, but now I understand how hard it will be, especially when she is a girl and she is 2 times as sensitive, hahahaha, oh boy…

This is why we are given the ability to pray to a God that loves us. :)
ANYWAY!!! I LOVE MY AREA because our member work has been exploding recently! The thing we are focusing on at the moment is progressing investigators. We have a few and they are awesome, but in correlation with our other numbers, progressing investigators has been the knife in our backs.

Sister Yan is all set for baptism! She wants us to help her family. We have come along way with her. Teaching Yan Jiemei has allowed me to learn how to teach more simply, effectively, and patiently... patience on the Lord. :)

I love this work. Not only am I helping other people, but I'm also finding out how much I myself need help. Constantly. And it’s FUN!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SCRIPTURES! OH MAN, THEY ARE SWEET AND AWESOME, and it’s nice to have a big set and to start fresh. I also love Dad's resource materials. DAD you are amazing! When I join the Air Force, I will get up like you and read in the mornings. I now realize how much patience you had with me before my mission, sheesh. I made a covenant with Elder Read (who would like a resource book of his own by the way, with everything that you can send) that when I am in the Air Force, that I will get up at 5:00 to 5:30 for the rest of my life to devote some time to my favorite things, the scriptures. I’LL BE THE FIRST TO SAY THAT I WISH THERE WAS MORE SCRIPTURE STUDY TIME IN THE MISSIONARY DAILY SCHEDULE. It kills me...sometimes I wish I went English speaking so I could spend all the language study time on the scriptures. So yeah, actually Dad, everybody in my district would like a resource book as well.

Well, I best be leavin’ now. I LOVE YOU! Elder Daniels

No comments: