Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life is so Good!

LIFE IS SO GOOD! Yesterday, Sister Yan passed her baptismal interview with flying colors. She had a special interview with President Zeng of the mission presidency, who is also the chief engineer of the ultra famous Taipei speed rail! He is a genius and besides the president, probably one of the most famous people in Taiwan. He is one of them Mormons, too, and that’s the greatest part! Anyway, when the door opened, we were all anxiously waiting, and then the words, “Congratulations,” left the man’s lips! We were ecstatic. I remember that we almost gave them up to the other elders because her Chinese is really bad, and we thought Elder Zeng could speak Taiwanese with her and maybe it would have been the best thing for her situation. But I really didn't want to let that happen. We worked hard and we got 2 members at EVERY lesson to help us communicate with her, and Heavenly Father blessed us a lot to understand some of the Taiwanese that she would speak. (Taiwanese is a language completely different from Chinese). What a miracle!!!!! We were so ecstatic after the interview that we told her in order to celebrate we were going to go and play badminton, one of Taiwan’s favorite sports. :) Fifty-two-year old Sister Yan is a quite the badminton player!!!! I was so impressed because everything we hit into her radius, she returned back with fire! Ha ha, it was awesome. She is such a cute lady. I love her and she REALLY wants her family to be baptized. Wow, I cannot begin to tell the things that Heavenly Father allowed me to learn through teaching her.

I have 2 companions. Elder Gilbert’s companion was really depressed and went back home honorably. We’re happy for him, yet very sad that he couldn't finish the mission, but he did what Heavenly Father planned for him to do, so we were happy. So, we've been a threesome for 5 days now, and I will be the first one to tell you, it’s difficult. But, it’s also really awesome!!!! By the way, we cover three areas now so we have been quite busy. Last week we went back to Shulin, Elder Gilbert’s area, and I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with a ward priesthood member who was a missionary in Gaoxiong. While the other elders went back to Elder Gilbert’s apartment to get some things prepared for him to move, ward member Brother Lu and I got the chance to go and teach a family named Jian. They had a beautiful home, and 2 mei mei's. They were your picture perfect family, they each had a Book of Mormon, and they were all sitting around a table listening intently. It was a beautiful site, and after the lesson, they committed to pray to know the truth, come to Church and be baptized!!!!

It was insane and as long as Elder Gilbert is still my companion, I get to continue teaching this family, although they live in Shulin!

It’s interesting with three elders, hahaha, but it sure is fun, especially when we can manage to take care of time which is so precious. It’s also made the hole in our wall really big, hahahaha, but Brother Beauvie can fix anything so not to worry.

We had 80 people come to English class, and a record 41 came to my primary class. We taught the Restoration as a spiritual lesson. We helped a family move some stuff, we got our microwave fixed, and we went and did a temple tour with an investigator, then took him to eat American food at the senior couple Beauvie's house. THAT WAS AMAZING. The investigator lived in America for 40 years so his English was better then mine. He had so many questions about the church, and the atmosphere of the Beauvie’s house was amazing. The American food they cooked was impossible to describe. The three of us sang and it sounded like angels in their home. He wants to meet with the Taipei elders because that’s where he lives. He shows interest in baptism, he was agnostic before he met the church. The Beauvei's are remarkable people. We discussed everything about the church from having many wives to the creation of the world. Haha.

I also had the opportunity to baptize the Sister’s investigator who is now an AWESOME MEMBER!!!!! She has had a terrible life and gets beaten by her father, but she said this church has allowed her to meet her REAL father. :)

THANK YOU FOR SENDING THE SCRIPTURES! I CAN’T WAIT TO GET THEM!!!!! We take the subway to zone conference...time is up....I LOVE YOU.... Your son is the happiest of his LIFE! ELDER DANIELS!!!

No comments: