We found a new family last week over in San Xia while we were visiting our Hu family! They are great! Our Hu family is doing well too. They are willing to keep all the commandments, we just need to share tithing and we're done. The only hard one for them is to keep the Sabbath day holy. The husband has a bad leg and it’s hard for him to go anywhere. Maybe this is a blessing Heavenly Father has given them to help them increase their faith before baptism, to give them a long enduring conversion. They love the scriptures, they love prayer, and they believe the church is true. They'll be really good members as they see how going to church will bless them as a family. The husband is more "manmanlai"(he needs time), he still has a word of wisdom problem, but the mother and kids are "lihai"(AWESOME)!!! Such a blessing.
We had a sweet miracle the last day of the transfer, my companion and I wanted to get 7 setups in a day. We tried all transfer long, stayed diligent, having faith, hoping that if it be God's will, He would let us see it. On the last day of the transfer, Heavenly Father allowed us to see 7 people get setup, (and 3 families)! Things are good and the church is true.
That is kind of a brief summary of what’s been going on. I love our new area and apartment. We are still the missionaries in charge of San Xia, so we go there often. It’s about a ten mile difference and my legs are getting HUGE. It’s pretty sweet, but all in all I've gotten a lot skinnier, I think. I haven't been drinking as much milk. I talked to Elder Wyatt from my MTC district the other day and he refers to me as the elder from Ethiopia, hahaha, I'm not that skinny. But, I have lost about 11 pounds, and everyone is Taiwan is skinny.
I crave rice now. I have to have rice. Seriously, whenever I am hungry, rice and cabbage and weird Taiwanese foods are the first things that come to mind. This is just "write random things day,” by the way.
I am still with Elder Gong and I’m glad. We are great friends after 6 weeks together and we both like to work hard.
Other things happened this week. My companion had his identity stolen in Germany. Other elders had their bags stolen, a total of $1000 worth of stuff inside: electric dictionaries, cameras, other dictionaries, priceless pictures, and scriptures. My bag never leaves my side and my electronic dictionary stays at home now.
Wow, my time is short today. We have to go to Taipei with Elder Smith’s new companion and grab some stuff. The clock is ticking...37 seconds…I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment