It is week 6 and this transfer FLEW by. President Monson’s talk about taking advantage of the time we are given is coming to pass. Time is so little, change is so long, but it comes before we can notice it. Wow, my mission is going way too fast. I wish I could put it on pause, go back and fix all of the flaws. There are so many, but that is not possible.
I have learned so much this transfer. Training is a very humbling process. I'm thinking that I have learned just as much from my companion as he might have learned from me. Wow. We both found a lot of places to improve in our missionary work. I could not have made it through this transfer if it weren't for the help of the Holy Ghost. I learned the importance of companionship unity this transfer, and being in unity with the Holy Ghost. It started with us being able to trust each other. I know you might think, "shoot that’s easy", but sometimes things happen that give you the decision to act on that trust or not and sometimes it is a subconscious decision not to, "the natural man.” However, as we trusted each other and applied Christlike attributes, the Lord showed us how to humble ourselves and allow us to have His spirit, which helped us know how to look inward before we look outward. It puts us in harmony with one purpose, and that is to get God’s work done. I am lucky to have a trainee with fire in his eyes, who is willing to work hard and tear things up. I love that. He has learned a lot about patience, humility, and working with a very young missionary, me, who may not know everything, but he knows a little. It was a great process, and work got done through it.
The Hu family is an example of the miracles we have seen. We just need to teach them tithing and they are all set to go. The husband is ready to stop drinking and smoking. Their faith is becoming stronger and their desire to know Christ is vastly improving. Such a blessing.
We've been working hard this week. We moved to Tu Cheng and our new apartment is AWESOME and I love it. We are working hard finding new investigators so we are whitewashing again, except this time we have inactive and recent converts to visit. Wow, before we had none, so now we can get a full schedule every day, it is beautiful! Missionary work is starting to be like it is supposed to be.
The other day we got a new investigator, a lady who sells shrimp and crab. We go by everyday and she gives us endless shrimp and crab, and we're talking REAL SHRIMP AND REAL CRAB! She says she'll come to church, but she is progressing slowly at the moment. She has prayed but not read anything yet. I'm afraid we're going to have to miss out on the free food if she doesn't keep progressing!
The fishing last week went great! I loved seeing the Su family. Man, I missed them. They all gave Jonathan “gege” a big old hug. I told them NO HUGS, but they did it anyway! We didn't catch any fish but it was a great time.
Chinese is really, really hard, but it’s still coming. I'm on page 400 in the Book of Mormon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment