Well, things are going good! It has been pouring rain for the past two weeks. It stops for a little while, then it starts again. It gets crazy sometimes, because the moment you buckle down and decide to take off your rain stuff, it starts raining again and then when you get back to your bike to put it back on, it stops raining. I don't know why we wear that rain gear anyway, because when you wear it, you get all dripping wet anyway with sweat. Meh. Oh well. You have to get used to that kind of stuff when you a missionary, that’s for sure. I just painted my bike again, because last time it started raining while we were painting it and it looked terrible. That happened again as we were painting it this time, and it still looks terrible. Oh, missionary work, I love it.
Brother Lin is all set to be baptized next week and he's very exited. It’s so neat how we found him, simply by opening our mouths and saying hello to an old man. Now he's being baptized (church is true).
We had a powerful lesson with Sister Wang a couple days ago, the most powerful lesson I've ever been apart of. After the lesson we actually had a chance to give her mother a Melchizedek priesthood blessing because she had fallen and hurt her knee. This is the same lady who gave us stinky tofu. We're really close with her know and she loves those Mormon missionaries. The funny thing is, she's been opposed to her daughter being a Christian for 13 years. The blessing was amazing by the way. I think we're going to invite her mom to church. That’ll be such a huge example to Sister Wang. It might be the thing she needs to be humbled, because Sister Wang herself has never been able to come to church. Anyway, after this lesson and the blessing and Sister Wang’s questions, she said, “How about you elders don't come by for a week, I have some thinking to do,” so that’s where we are right now, waiting, letting the spirit work with her. This is our miracle family and I know they'll be baptized. When we go back this Saturday, we're making special rice leaf things with the grandma and the family. I have a feeling this will be a visit to remember, so for now, to be continued.
The other day Elder Barton helped me even more with the desire to love the people. We went to a track, "The track" that is famous for having thousands of families playing and exercising. It’s a missionaries’ dream place. He gave me the opportunity to not only lead the contacting, but he wouldn't speak Chinese or English. I was all on my own and he was following. My first instinct, for some reason, was kind of doubtful and prideful, but then I said a prayer and all of those feelings went away, and bam, we didn't quite find the Chen family we were looking for, but we got 4 setups with singles and almost one large family who will be coming to English class tonight. Elder Barton said I passed his test. When nothing was happening and we weren't finding, we said a prayer and Heavenly Father gave me faith and confidence. Afterwards, Elder Barton taught me about charity and love for the people as I teach. If there is anything he wants me to learn before he leaves in two weeks, it is to love these people, to truly love them, to the point of doing anything for them. My goal for this mission is to always have charity and faith. I need to let Heavenly Father do what ever he wants through me. It’s hard, but that’s my goal. I love this work. Elder Barton told me, “You may not notice it, but man, you have improved so much, not only in Chinese, but in spirit.” I'm so thankful for Elder Barton. He's such an awesome guy, and we have a lot of fun together. I'll miss him.
Well, I need to write the president’s letter, LOVE YOU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment