Thursday, January 10, 2008

Elder Daniels is in the MTC

We had a great day with Elder Daniels at the MTC. We have had four sons serve missions before, but there was something new this time. Jonathan was given his nametag while with the family, so I was able to place it on his pocket and we were able to see the "whole missionary"! It was exciting to ready his name in English and then see all the Chinese characters underneath.

The goodbye was tough. Little Maren cried a lot, we all had some tears, there were lots of hugs and back slaps. Then, in a moment he walked through the door that said, "Missionaries". I looked through that door and saw him shake hands with another missionary, smile at him and walk down the hallway. I knew at that moment that Jonathan was in the right place at the right time of his life. He was eager to get going.

When I can figure out how to add a picture to this post, I will. Our missionary looked great!

No comments: