Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Companions

Man, things sound way exciting back at home, with football season getting started, and all that excitement. I can feel that football atmosphere all the way over here in Taiwan. It’s not treated quite the same here, though. You won't find a football game on anyone’s television over here. They are all about baseball. My companion loves football though, and was really good. He played for Davis High School, so it’s fun to exchange stories and talk about football every now and then. It’s especially interesting when we get on the topic of BYU and UTAH, because he is a die hard Utah fan and I don't have a red drop of blood in my body! It’s interesting, one of our investigators gave us these way cool hats and one ended up being blue and the other red, so every night when we do our daily planning session, we pop them out. It’s fun to hear about how both teams are doing and it’s nice having a companion who also loves that football atmosphere. It brings back a little bit of home and it’s fun, even if he does bleed red.

With so many new missionaries coming on, there will be a lot of things changes going on, with a lot of younger missionaries who will be taking on new leadership roles earlier than usual. We have a very young mission over here in Taiwan at the moment, it's awesome! It’s great to see young boys become men out on their missions. It happens all the time. A mission is a crazy thing. Sometimes it’s a scary thing to have a new burden on your shoulders, but the missionaries here in Taiwan are awesome because they have faith and they welcome the changes with open arms. Just like Ammon with the robbers and the king’s sheep. I'm still a young boy, however, my face might just be able to hold a beard now. I don't know if that’s true or not, because I'm not allowed to grow one. We'll see what happens in 1 ½ years!

The Su family is doing well. We shared Moroni 9:25 with her, and she said, “I feel this is true. You guys are weighing me down to death.” I said, “It’s because what we teach is undeniable truth.” Then I told her to read the next sentence, “but may Christ lift thee up.” She's been pondering that for a while. I have realized that it’s not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when" for the Su family. She cannot deny it anymore because the message is true and it’s killing her! She'll make it someday. Yesterday we "heart attacked” their door. Holy smokes, it is so much easier to doorbell ditch and leave stuff in America than it is in Taiwan because everyone lives in huge buildings, "5" stacks. The only way to get into those buildings is by ringing an intercom on the bottom floor outside of the building, haha. It makes things WAY fun, good story, good times.
Well, apparently my time is gone and I have to go. I love you so much.

No comments: