Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If a sign says, "Don't wash your face"...believe it to be true

Well, things have been going really good!! Everything, except a mistake that I made the other day, hahaha, dangit. We were at a basketball court playing ball with about 4 investigators and 10 possible investigators. It was down by a river bank, away from the city and it was really, really hot outside. We decided to use this water pump to wash our faces, but when we got to the pump, it said on the side of it "bukeyixilian,” which means, “Don't wash your face." I figured if it were important they would have written in English too, so I decided to go ahead and continue washing my face. That was a bad idea. I washed my face with what ended up being acid water and ever since then my face has been extremely itchy and I've broken out pretty bad. Yeah, the water is pretty bad over here in Taiwan. We ended up going to see a dermatologist, who gave me some cream and pills and stuff to take care of it. But, yeah, the work goes on......

I have learned a lot from teaching the Su family, a whole lot. At zone conference yesterday, I had a chance to realize that, as Sister Nielson had asked me share my experiences with Joyce with the other missionaries. When we were talking about teaching families, one elder had asked, "What do you do when you are working with a devout Christian family?" I was able to share a lot of the things that I have learned since I have been on my mission.

I've realized that my entire mission thus far has been devoted to the Su family, coming unto Christ and God. I've learned a lot about the "true nature of God.” As we've been sharing with Joyce lately, it’s been this part of the message that has changed her the most. We've recently shared Matthew 7 with her, and I liked focusing on verse 21. She has been taught in her church that everyone who believes in Christ will be saved. "We are all in him," but verse 21 teaches us that we must give all of the glory to the Father, that crying Lord, Lord is not good enough. Joyce has said, “You focus too much on the Heavenly father.” Wow, it didn't feel good when she said that. Wasn't that the point of Christ’s ministry on the earth? It is a straight and narrow path to eternal life. Heavenly Father has given us tools from the beginning of the earth to protect his truths, the scriptures, prophets, and the Holy Ghost. Christ will establish his word in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses. Obviously, it is important that in this life, to learn about God and Jesus Christ in their true form. That is what the restored gospel teaches us.

She is so close and is beginning to love the Book of Mormon. Mormon 9 was very "moving" to her. She says though, that she still gets more out of the Bible than she has the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was strong when she said that and told me to say to her, "Well, that’s because you have already accepted the Bible to be the word of God. Once you know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, you will definitely feel differently towards it. She said, “That’s not fair.” “Truth hurts.” She's also mentioned, "The Bible has always answered my questions.” Then the Spirit had me bring up the topic of infant baptisms, and yeah, she changed her feelings again, haha. Anyway, she is slowly, slowly coming unto the light.

But yeah, Sister Nielson had me share some of this at zone conference. Another cool thing happened at zone conference. Elder H. got up and shared his testimony! He has one now!!! It was about the importance of living prophets (the thing that we shared with Joyce when we were on exchanges together). He is such a soft-hearted and sincere elder. It was great to hear his testimony. He is now a very strong tool in the hands of the Lord now. His companion, Elder Larson, is a good man.

We've had some investigators pop up out of nowhere. A Li kid, and a Huang kid. Both of them are awesome and the Li kid has my exact same birthday! He is so cool. We're going to add both of these guys to the baptismal pool. And, also a Li family that we have been working with, the ones with the VERY cute mei mei's, the dad has been reading and praying.....

I bore my testimony in zone conference. I have learned so much from the Su family. My studies for her about our church "not focusing enough on Christ," has brought me so much closer to Christ, the true nature of God, and the power of the Book of Mormon. It’s been such a blessing working with them. They have been my mission....

I love my mission so, so, so much. There are so many INTERESTING things: spiritually, culturally, and “missionarally.” :) I love it. I love you, Elder Daniels

No comments: