Monday, March 24, 2008

Last letter from the MTC

Well, the time is approaching fast. At this time tomorrow I will be boarding my first ever international flight, and most importantly, the time has come to preach the gospel to the people in Taiwan in their native tongue.
It is such a weird feeling, I feel like it was yesterday that I got here. The time really has flown by, and now I can speak Chinese, well, missionary Chinese. I know that the Lord will help me when I get there. I've been praying for my companion that I will receive. I really hope he is there for the same purpose I am. The Lord will help me progress in this language, he will help me teach. I love this quote by Elder Bednar. I can't remember it perfectly, but I think its something along the lines of, "You will never be good enough to get the work done, get out of the way and let the spirit do the teaching." I really love that quote.
This email is short because I have to take care of things before I leave. I'll call tomorrow! It will be great to hear your voices...I hope things are going well.
I love you, Elder Daniels

No comments: