Monday, February 25, 2008

Developing Christlike Attributes

Ni hao,
It’s great to hear about the family in your letter. It seems like everybody's life is moving forward into bigger and better things. That’s awesome!
Things here are still progressing. I'm still working my hardest and I've learned that time really does fly by when you stay busy and if you set good goals. When you set good goals, it makes it easier to know how much progress you are making. It’s important to make both language goals and spiritual goals.
The past couple weeks I've been focusing a lot more on Preach my Gospel chapter six, which talks about Christlike attributes. At the end of the chapter there is a chart with a list of Christlike attributes. Every night I pick a new attribute to focus on for the next day in my scripture study and prayers. Eventually I hope to get through the whole list and several times before my mission ends. I really feel this has helped me a lot, not only to become a better missionary, but it’s given me the desire to be a better person.
When you really concentrate on small and simple Christlike attributes, and you prayerfully desire to acquire them, I really feel like your faith in Christ will be strengthened, and through that you will become a better person.
This week I focused on Diligence and Faith. I believe that through diligent work and studies, especially while serving a mission, we can have a solid foundation and then other Christlike attributes will follow, as long as you truly desire to have them. But you must exercise your faith in Christ regularly through prayer and scripture study, in order to have that desire, to be more Christlike, to be a better person. My knees have grown large calluses on them from the amount of prayers that we say here! Prayer is one of the greatest tools we have in this life... along with the scriptures. ..................................................I don't have anymore time for some reason.... the computer shut off and my time got all ruined, so I'll just say I love you and hope things are going well.
Elder Daniels

No comments: